Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December

December has been a busy month for me with baking cookies, prepping for my holiday party and Christmas shopping. Neil's "One Silent Night" Christmas show at the Palace Theater was on the 11th. I wasn't going to go this year but got talked into it. I'm so glad that I did because I had a great time and got to listen to some kickass holiday music by my favorite musician and friend Neil Zaza.


My party also came and went. I think everyone had a good time. I was happy to be surrounded by my friends. They have kept me going these last several months. The end of the night was a riot and I don't think I've laughed as hard as I did in a really long time. Unfortunately it was at my friend Chris's expense. Sorry Chris.

I've had several meltdowns. A few of them were major. Last night I was hit pretty hard. My father got an abnormal reading on his EKG and as soon as he told me that.....it was like I was back in the nightmare that started this exact time last year with my mom. I don't have the strength to deal with more medical worries. I can barely hold myself together as it is. I have to pray that its nothing serious. My friend Sabrina is under the knife in California as I write this. She is undergoing a 6 hour complicated & delicate spine surgery that won't even cure her. It will only improve her quality of life. We cried on the phone last night for half an hour. She has been such a warrior through all of this but she is really scared. You'll be alright girl! My mom is keeping an eye on you from the heavens. I love you and I'm praying for you.


Christmas is two days away and at this point I just hope I can make it through the day without totally loosing it. I don't even know what the plans are for Christmas. Perhaps I'll be sitting home doing nothing. I'd probably be fine with that. All I know is that Christmas won't EVER be the same without my mom. I've tried so hard to carry on the traditions that she always did. I spent way too much money on my little neice.....I feel its my job to spoil her now. My mom would have spoiled her rotten. I want her to be proud of me. I want her to know that I am doing everything I can to ensure her spirit lives on in everyone who knew her.


I love you mom and I miss you so much. I miss you every single day. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment